Nuts are the fruit or seed of a plant or tree with a hard outer shell. Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, Pecans, Peanuts, Pistachio, Pine Nuts, Brazil Nuts, Chestnuts, Coconuts, Macadamia Nuts and Hazelnuts are some of the most popular varieties.
Did you know?
- Nuts are rich in good fats and contain protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals.
- One Brazil nut gives you a full day’s worth of selenium.
- Macadamias are the highest in monounsaturated fat of all nuts.
- 1 ½ oz of nuts per day may help to lower heart disease risk.
- Walnuts are a great way to get more omega-3 fatty acids.
- Don’t go nuts! A serving of nuts is 1 oz or about ¼ cup.
- Try nuts sprinkled on a salad, soup, yogurt, pasta or as a quick snack.
Leave a Reply