Yogurt is a balanced source of calcium and protein. This nutrient dense Superfood contains active cultures that help keep the digestive system balanced.
did you know?
- One cup of yogurt has as much potassium as a medium banana and 30% of the daily value for calcium!
- For a lower calorie option, reach for plain, unsweetened yogurt.
- Greek yogurt has about twice as much protein and less sodium than regular yogurt.
- Yogurts with live & active cultures act as probiotics to help keep our digestive systems balanced.
- When choosing a yogurt, consider the type of milk it is made from, the sweetener (if any) and whether or not it contains active cultures.
- Yogurt combines well with sweet or savory ingredients, so look beyond parfaits to dips, smoothies, soups and other dishes made with yogurt.