In partnership with Oldways, we have made a variety of Mediterranean recipes available here on our website. We hope you enjoy them just as much as we do! Panzanella salad is a Tuscan-style chopped salad featuring bread, garlic, olives, and in this version – chicken sausage.
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves fresh garlic peeled and minced
- 1 each fresh red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- 8 oz whole wheat baguette
- 6 oz frozen chicken sausage links
- Cook chicken sausage in preheated oven at 375F until internal temperature reaches 165F. Chill. Slice into 1/4" strips.
- Place cubed bread in baking pan and bake for 5-10 minutes in 350F oven until lightly browned. Remove and chill.
- Combine tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, garlic and basil in bowl. Drizzle with oil and vinegar and toss to combine.
- Add in bread and chicken and toss to combine.