Stone fruits are one of summer’s best known seasonal fruits, so it’s best to feature them during the warmer months when they are fresh and most plentiful.
Did you know?
- Stone fruits get their nickname from their seeds, which are large and hard… like stones.
- Stone fruits contain bioactive compounds that may help boost our health.
- Cherries are rich in antioxidants linked to a variety of health benefits.
- Plums come in more than their namesake color. You can find them in blue, yellow and red too.
- The nectarine is actually a subspecies of peach that lacks the gene for fuzz.
- Prunes are now sometimes simply called dried plums.
- Stone fruits don’t store well, so it is best to enjoy them during warmer months when they are fresh.