Our freekeh pecan fruit salad has a blend of whole grains, fruits and tossed with cinnamon cider vinaigrette. Mix and match with other grains and fruits depending on your taste preferences!
- 1/2 cup freekeh
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple diced
- 1/2 cup canned mandarin orange sections drained
- 1 Tbsp pecan halves chopped, toasted
- 1-3/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp light brown sugar
- 1-3/4 tsp fresh orange juice
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Cook freekeh and quinoa according to package directions; overcook slightly so that they are tender when cold.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside (apple cider, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, ginger, orange juice and brown sugar)
- If making the salad in a jar arrange the ingredients in the following order: 1/2 cup freekeh, 1/4 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/3 cup diced pineapples, 1/2 cup oranges, 1 Tbsp pecans. Close the container, and when ready to eat pour 2 Tbsp of dressing into the jar, close lid and shake well.