Avocados offer 3g fiber, 6g good fats, nearly 20 vitamins and minerals and help boost the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients from other foods that are eaten with the fruit. Some more fun facts about avocados:
- A single 50-gram serving of avocado (about one-third of a medium avocado) has 80 calories and contains nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, making it a nutrient-rich food in the produce section.
- Avocados have the least amount of sugar per serving than any other fresh fruit.
- Avocados are a vegan-friendly alternative to butter when making baked goods (and you can’t taste the avocado in the finished product).
- Avocados are considered a fruit.
- Avocados mature on trees, but they ripen only after harvesting.
Try some of our favorite recipes featuring avocado: