Avocados offer 3g fiber, 6g good fats, nearly 20 vitamins and minerals and help boost the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients from other foods that are eaten with the fruit. Some more fun facts about avocados:
- A single 50-gram serving of avocado (about one-third of a medium avocado) has 80 calories and contains nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, making it a nutrient-rich food in the produce section.
- Avocados have the least amount of sugar per serving than any other fresh fruit.
- Avocados are a vegan-friendly alternative to butter when making baked goods (and you can’t taste the avocado in the finished product).
- Avocados are considered a fruit.
- Avocados mature on trees, but they ripen only after harvesting.
Try some of our favorite recipes featuring avocado:
Baked Breakfast Egg in Portobello
fresh portobello mushroom stuffed with a baked egg, topped with fresh tomato, avocado and feta cheese.Check out this recipe
Roasted Red Pepper Avocado Tartine
whole grain toast topped with roasted red pepper infused Greek yogurt, sliced avocados and Mediterranean spicesCheck out this recipe
Charro Pasta with Avocado
whole grain pasta with tomato and pepper sauce with avocados and feta cheeseCheck out this recipe
Mexican Pasta Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
Everyone will love this Mexican-inspired pasta salad recipe. We lighten up the creamy dressing with avocado for a healthier version of a picnic favorite.Check out this recipe
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
creamy non-dairy dessert made with avocado and almond milkCheck out this recipe
Leave a Reply