In partnership with Oldways, we have made a variety of Mediterranean recipes available here on our website. We hope you enjoy them just as much as we do! This avocado tartine is topped with a traditional Za’atar spice blend for even more flavor!
- 1 each fresh avocado
- 1 each fresh red bell peppers
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground sumac
- 1 Tbsp dried crushed thyme leaves
- 2 tsp pre-toasted sesame seeds
- Prepare Za'atar spice blend: Toast sesame seeds until fragrant. Cool and mix together with salt, sumac and dried thyme leaves. Place in a food processor and pulse a few times to incorporate. Store in air tight container at room temperature. Portion Size: 1 tsp
- On gas stove or in 500F oven, blister outside of pepper. Steam covered in bowl for 5-8 minutes and peel off skin. Chill and dice into small pieces.
- Combine yogurt with roasted pepper and fresh ground black pepper in bowl and mix to combine.
- Slice each avocado into 12 slices. Toast bread. Spread each slice of toast with about 2 Tbsp yogurt mixture. Top with 3 avocado slices and sprinkle 1/8 tsp spice blend.