fresh portobello mushroom stuffed with a baked egg, topped with fresh tomato, avocado and feta cheese
- 4 each fresh portobello mushrooms
- 4 each egg
- 8 Tbsp diced tomatoes canned and drained
- 4 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese crumbled
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 seconds cooking spray
- 1 each avocado sliced
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh garlic peeled, chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Clean and remove the fins and stem of the Portobello. Discard the fins and keep the stem for another recipe.
- Spray a sheet tray and place the mushrooms fin side up evenly spaced onto the tray. Drizzle with olive oil, and top with the chopped garlic.
- Place into a 350F oven for 5-7 minutes or until just fork tender. Remove from the oven and top with the cracked egg. Be careful not to spill over the side of the cap. Place into the oven for another 10 minutes until the egg is baked through. The egg must reach 140F.
- In a bowl, mix the diced tomato, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove the cooked Portobello from the sheet tray and place onto a serving dish. Spoon tomato mixture over the top. Garnish each with avocado, feta, and parsley.