This quick and easy hummus is one of our Teaching Kitchen recipes. In many global cuisines, plant proteins play a much bigger role that in the US, but that is changing. A variety of plants are considered good protein sources such as beans, legumes (including soybean products), nuts, seeds and grains, like quinoa. The base of this hummus is made from garbanzo beans (a.k.a. chickpeas), which is a great plant-based protein source.
You can find this recipe in our Mediterranean Meal Plan.
- 15.5 oz canned garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp sesame tahini paste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Combine all ingredients except the water in a food processor or blender. Blend ingredients on medium speed while adding the water slowly, 1 Tbsp at a time, to reach desired thickness.
- To serve, place hummus in a bowl, sprinkle with additional smoked paprika and drizzle with a little EVOO if desired. Serve with warm pita chips or fresh vegetables.
Tuna, White Bean and Butter Lettuce Sandwich // Kale Salad with Cranberries, Pecans and Beans // Five-Spice Turkey & Lettuce Wraps