Print Recipe Pin Recipe Add to Collection Go to Collections
Tuna and white bean salad with basil pesto on a sandwich thin
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 4 oz Great Northern Beans Dry
- 12 oz Tuna, Light Water Packed
- 2-2/3 Tbsp Fresh Basil Chopped
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Fresh Parmesan Cheese Shredded
- 8 each Tomatoes Slices
- 12 each Basil Leaf Fresh
- 4 leaves Boston Bibb Lettuce
- 4 each Sandwich Thins Whole Wheat
- 4 tsp Pesto Sauce Nut Free
- 2 tsp Light Mayonnaise
- Soak great northern beans in water overnight. Drain water. Place in a sauce pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer until beans are tender, drain. Chill.
- Drain tuna and flake into pieces. Combine tuna, beans, mayonnaise, pesto, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Open sandwich thin. Place ¾ cup tuna salad on top, top with 2 slices tomato, 1 lettuce leaf, and 3 basil leaves. Place top on sandwich and place sandwich on platter.
Tips & Tricks
Ditch the bread and use the tuna salad with mixed greens for a delicious salad.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 430mg | Fiber: 11g