Our tuna sandwich with white beans and butter lettuce makes a great light lunch. If you’re gluten-free or want the meal without bread, add the tuna salad on a bed of mixed greens for a delicious salad.
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 4 oz great northern beans dry
- 12 oz tuna, light water packed
- 2-2/3 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 8 each fresh tomatoes sliced
- 12 each fresh basil leaf
- 4 leaves Boston Bibb lettuce
- 4 each whole-wheat sandwich thins
- 4 tsp pesto sauce (nut-free)
- 2 tsp light mayonnaise
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Soak great northern beans in water overnight. Drain water. Place in a sauce pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer until beans are tender, drain. Chill.
- Drain tuna and flake into pieces. Combine tuna, beans, mayonnaise, pesto, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Open sandwich thin. Place ¾ cup tuna salad on top, top with 2 slices tomato, 1 lettuce leaf, and 3 basil leaves. Place top on sandwich and place sandwich on platter.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 430mg | Fiber: 11g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!