Based on a popular Chinese dish, these fun wraps also make appealing appetizers for entertaining. You can serve with chile-garlic sauce and rice vinegar or toss diced mango and strawberries with lime juice for a quick dessert.
You can find this recipe in our A Week of Quick Dinners Meal Plan.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup instant brown rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey 93%
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root minced
- 1 large red bell pepper finely diced
- 8 oz chestnuts rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 heads Boston lettuce leaves separated
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs chopped, such as cilantro, basil, mint and/or chives
- 1 fresh carrot shredded
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add rice; reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Mince ginger. Add turkey and ginger; cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Stir in the cooked rice, bell pepper, water chestnuts, broth, hoisin sauce, five-spice powder and salt; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- To serve, spoon portions of the turkey mixture into lettuce leaves, top with herbs and carrot and roll into wraps.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.