Sautéed kale and chickpea salad with cranberries and garnished with feta cheese. This recipe calls for cooked beans and nutrition criteria below are based on homemade cooked beans with no added salt. Avoid canned beans if possible and if you must use canned, rinse the beans to reduce sodium content.
Servings: 8 (click to scale)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic peeled, crushed
- 2 tsp mustard seed
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 10 oz chopped kale
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup pecans pieces, toasted
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- In a skillet add oil and garlic and cook on medium high heat for 20 seconds. Add the mustard seeds, garam masala, coriander powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and cook for 10 seconds.
- Add kale and cook until kale wilts slightly, about 30 seconds to one minute. Add chickpeas and mix well. Remove from the heat. Let the mixture cool and then add the feta cheese, toasted pecans, cranberries, the zest of a lemon and lemon juice.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 160mg | Fiber: 5g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!