Perfect recipe during the summer to fall season transition! This watermelon feta salad with bow-tie noodles isn’t lacking in flavor and has an added crunch from the pumpkin seeds.
You can find this recipe in our Mediterranean Meal Plan.
Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 6 cup bow-tie pasta cooked
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds toasted
- 6 cup watermelon cubed, 1”
- 6 Tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- 3/4 cup radish slices
- 1-1/2 cup carrots sliced
- 3/4 cup green onion sliced
- 6 cups spring mix
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp shallots peeled, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic peeled, mashed
- 2-2/3 Tbsp pumpkin seeds toasted
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2-2/3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar unseasoned
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Prepare cilantro-lime dressing: Place shallots, cilantro, garlic, pumpkin seeds, salt, pepper, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, olive oil, and lime juice into blender (except the olive oil) and process until smooth. Slowly drizzle in olive oil to emulsify. Portion: 1-1/2 Tbsp.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside to cool. Toast pumpkin seeds in a preheated 350F oven for 5-10 minutes or toast in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly. Seeds will start to pop and be fragrant when ready, about 3 minutes.
- Once pasta has cooled down, place all salad ingredients into a bowl and toss with dressing.
Portion: 2 cups
Calories: 570kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 420mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 15g