Perfect recipe during the summer to fall season transition! This watermelon feta salad with bow-tie noodles isn’t lacking in flavor and has an added crunch from the pumpkin seeds.
You can find this recipe in our Mediterranean Meal Plan.
- 6 cup bow-tie pasta cooked
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds toasted
- 6 cup watermelon cubed, 1”
- 6 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese crumbled
- 3/4 cup radish slices
- 1-1/2 cup carrots sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh green onions sliced
- 6 cups spring mix lettuce
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh shallots peeled, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic cloves peeled, mashed
- 2-2/3 Tbsp pumpkin seeds toasted
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 2-2/3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar unseasoned
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Prepare cilantro-lime dressing: Place shallots, cilantro, garlic, pumpkin seeds, salt, pepper, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, olive oil, and lime juice into blender (except the olive oil) and process until smooth. Slowly drizzle in olive oil to emulsify. Portion: 1-1/2 Tbsp.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside to cool. Toast pumpkin seeds in a preheated 350F oven for 5-10 minutes or toast in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly. Seeds will start to pop and be fragrant when ready, about 3 minutes.
- Once pasta has cooled down, place all salad ingredients into a bowl and toss with dressing.