Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Shredded sweet potatoes with blanched kale, pecans, grano and ricotta cheese baked in a custard.
Servings: 8 (click to scale)
- 1/2 cup Grano or Farro Dry
- 4-1/2 cup Fresh Kale Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Oil Olive
- 1 cup Fresh Diced Onions
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Garlic Cloves Minced
- 10 oz Fresh Sweet Potatoes Peeled, Shredded
- 1/2 cup Pecan Halves Chopped
- 1/2 cup Golden Raisins
- 2 cup Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 3/4 tsp salt Kosher
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Ground
- 4 each Fresh Egg
- 1-1/2 cup Egg White Pasteurized
- Place grano or farro grains in water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 20-30 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Blanch kale in a separate pot with boiling water for 30 seconds to wilt, drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Squeeze out water and chop. Place in same bowl as the grain.
- Heat oil in a hot pan and sauté onions and garlic until onions are translucent, about 2 minutes. Add to other ingredients.
- Add shredded potatoes, nuts, raisins, salt and black pepper to bowl. Mix well. Add in ricotta cheese and mix keeping the cheese a bit chunky. Place ingredients into an oven proof pan such as a 10” cast iron pan or cake pan.
- Whisk together eggs and whites and add to pan. Press gently to ensure even distribution of ingredients.
- Bake in a preheated 350F degree oven for 20-30 minutes (it is ready when the center is firm to the touch).
Tips & Tricks
Adding egg whites results in a fluffier, lighter custard. You may omit the whites and have a slightly denser custard, it will be just as delicious. Portion size: 8 oz or 1 slice
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4.5g | Sodium: 360mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g