This frittata is one of our favorite breakfast dishes! Perfect recipe for fall with the addition of kale and sweet potato. This frittata is an easy option for meal prepping because they keep well and make great leftovers!
- 1/2 cup grano or farro dry
- 4-1/2 cup fresh kale chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh white onion diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh garlic minced
- 10 oz fresh sweet potato peeled, shredded
- 1/2 cup pecan halves chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 each egg
- 1-1/2 cup egg white pasteurized
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Place grano or farro grains in water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 20-30 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Blanch kale in a separate pot with boiling water for 30 seconds to wilt, drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Squeeze out water and chop. Place in same bowl as the grain.
- Heat oil in a hot pan and sauté onions and garlic until onions are translucent, about 2 minutes. Add to other ingredients.
- Add shredded potatoes, nuts, raisins, salt and black pepper to bowl. Mix well. Add in ricotta cheese and mix keeping the cheese a bit chunky. Place ingredients into an oven proof pan such as a 10” cast iron pan or cake pan.
- Whisk together eggs and whites and add to pan. Press gently to ensure even distribution of ingredients.
- Bake in a preheated 350F degree oven for 20-30 minutes (it is ready when the center is firm to the touch).