When selecting what seafood you want to prepare for a meal, always try to choose sustainable seafood. You can visit The Monterey Bay Seafood Watch Recommendations site to determine which selections you prefer. Try to always purchase the Green – Best Choices or Yellow – Good Alternatives. You can always ask your fishmonger as well for recommendations.
FAD-free tuna, used in the recipe below, means that it is tuna, caught without a Fish Aggregating Device (FAD).
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 12 oz tuna water packed, FAD free
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 ea fresh tomatoes 1/4th inch dice
- 1/4 cup fresh red onions sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives pitted, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 ea tortillas 12" flour
- 8 ea Leaf Lettuce
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together vinegar and mustard until smooth. Add the tuna, feta, tomatoes, red onions, sliced olives, basil and black pepper. Mix well to marry flavors.
- Warm each flour tortilla for about 10 seconds to make them more pliable.
- Layer tortilla with lettuce then equally divide the tuna mixture in the center of the wrap on the lettuce. Tuck in sides about 2 inches and roll tightly to form a wrap. Cut in half and serve.
To learn more about Sustainable Seafood, check out this video from Seafood Watch on making the right choice for a healthy ocean.
Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 1240mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!