In this side dish recipe, sweet potatoes are tossed with maple syrup, butter and lemon juice and roasted to perfection. The scrumptious glaze that forms on these maple-roasted sweet potatoes elevates this otherwise simple dish to something unique.
- 2-1/2 lb fresh sweet potatoes peeled
- 1/3 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut the sweet potatoes into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer in a 9×13-inch glass baking dish. Combine maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes; toss to coat.
- Cover and bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes. Uncover, stir and cook, stirring every 15 minutes, until tender and starting to brown, 45 to 50 minutes more.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.