Angel hair pasta sautéed with shrimp, corn and tomatoes pair nicely with the basil walnut pesto in this Italian inspired dish! Instead of shrimp, try sliced raw chicken breast. Make the dish vegetarian by adding some sliced mushrooms instead of shrimp. Garnish with fresh basil.
You can find this recipe in our Plant-Forward Meal Plan.
- 8 oz spaghetti pasta Barilla plus
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 2 Tbsp fresh garlic minced
- 6 cups fresh cherry tomatoes halved
- 3/4 cup chablis wine
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups corn
- 1-1/2 cup fresh scallions sliced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup basil and walnut pesto
- Cook pasta according to directions until al dente; drain, rinse and set aside.
- In a hot sauté pan, drizzle olive oil and cook shrimp half way and remove shrimp from pan to avoid overcooking. Add garlic to the pan and cook for another 30 seconds. Add half of the cherry tomatoes and cook for another minute. Mix the wine and water and pour into the pan. Add corn kernels and scallions. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix in cooked pasta and reserved shrimp along with pesto. Stir to mix and heat through. Make sure the shrimp is cooked all the way. Serve immediately.