A sweet toast with a kick! We’re loving this unique creation that’s perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack. The sweet peaches are balanced well with the mascarpone cheese and balsamic vinegar.
Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups fresh peaches medium, sliced thin
- 1/8 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 6 sprays cooking spray
- 3 slices sourdough bread
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp micro green spectrum mix
- 2 Tbsp hazelnuts chopped
- 6 oz fresh mascarpone cheese
- Slice and Prepare Peaches: Wash, slice and macerate peaches with lemon juice, salt and sugar. Set aside for at least 15 minutes to allow the peaches to start to soften from the lemon juice.
- Toast Bread: Slice bread and spray grill with a minimal amount of oil. Place the toast face down on a flat top grill or skillet and toast the bread until golden brown. One side only.
- Assembly: Place the hazelnuts on a sheet tray and toast the nuts slightly in a 350F oven for 2-3 minutes or until slightly browned and fragrant. Slice the bread in half and begin to place the ingredients on top of the toast.
- Assemble the toast as follows: ½ slice Toast, 1 oz. Mascarpone, 1/4 Cup Peaches, 1/2 tsp Honey, 1/2 tsp Balsamic, 1 tsp Toasted Hazelnuts, 1/3 tsp Micro Greens, Freshly Cracked Pepper
Portion: 1/2 slice
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 180mg | Fiber: 1g