Farro and Brussels add texture to this couscous salad while the addition of cranberries add a sweet, tangy flavor. This recipe is great served as a warm side dish or as a cold salad.
You can find this recipe in our Mediterranean Meal Plan.
- 1/2 cup farro dry
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 cup cranberries dried
- 12 oz fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 tsp fresh garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Cook farro in boiling water until tender, about 40 minutes.
- Drain and set aside. Doubles in volume when cooked.
- Bring water to a boil and add the couscous, cooked farro, salt, black pepper, cumin and dried cranberries.
- Cover and steam off heat for 20 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Cut brussels sprouts in half and remove core. Flake leaves apart. Heat oil in hot skillet and sauté brussels sprouts for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add brussels sprouts to cooked couscous and mix well.