Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 4 oz long grain wild rice
- 2 oz dried yellow split peas
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 5 oz fresh red onions julienned
- 8 oz fresh crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 3 oz fresh celery stalks thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Place water and wild rice in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered until tender, about 40 minutes. About half of the grain should burst. Strain and place rice in a large bowl. Place split peas in a separate pot with water and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Strain and place in the same bowl as the rice. Place dried cranberries in a bowl of hot water and let sit for 20 minutes to soften. Drain and add to the rice and peas.
- In a non-stick skillet or cast iron pan, drizzle olive oil and heat over medium heat. Cook red onions, stirring often to caramelize. Add mushrooms to the onions and continue to stir and cook until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with the poultry seasoning and add celery; cook another minute; season with salt and transfer to the mixing bowl and chill.
- Add parsley and vinegar to the bowl. Stir well.
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1.5g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Sodium: 95mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!