Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 1/4 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 oz turkey sausage patty
- 3 oz fresh parsnips
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1.5 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1.5 oz cream cheese
- 6 ea egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F and wash all produce.Leave parsnips whole or cut into 3" sections. Toss with olive oil, half of the salt & pepper. Place on baking tray and roast for 20-30 minutes, leave a little bite to them. Let cool and 1/4" dice, reserve. Crumble sausage into small pieces and place on baking tray. Cook in oven for 4-5 minutes. Internal temp needs to be 165°F. Let cool, reserve.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs and cream cheese. Using an immersion blender, incorporate the cream cheese in and mix the eggs well. Add remaining salt and chopped basil. In 4 oz mason jars add the crumbled cooked turkey sausage, diced roasted parsnip, cheddar cheese and then ladle or pour the egg mixture to the 4 oz line for all of the jars. Place the two piece lid on and tighten just enough to close. If they are too tight, they could break during cooking if gas can't release.
- Submerge jars on the stove in 172°F water and cook for 1 hour. Internal temp needs to be 165°F. Remove from water bath and let stand 5 minutes. With the back edge of a butter knife, carefully run the blade around the inside of the jar to loosen the egg. Remove and plate. You can easily add a fresh made sauce, hash or tossed salad, crostini or sliced avocado.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4.5g | Sodium: 260mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 1g