Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 4 16 oz mason jars
- 8 leaves fresh mint
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 stalk fresh celery stalks thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh radish thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp pecans roasted and chopped
- 2/3 cup quinoa dry
- 1 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 8 cups spring mix lettuce
- 12 oz grilled chicken breast optional
- 1 tsp fresh shallots minced
- 1 tsp fresh garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Rinse uncut produce in fresh water. Slice the celery thinly on a diagonal, slice the radish and strawberries. Set aside. Slice the mint into thin strips.
- Make the quinoa: Bring 1 1/3 cup of water to a boil, add quinoa, stir and simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly. You should have approximately 2 cups of cooked quinoa.
- Make the vinaigrette: Combine shallots, garlic, thyme, Dijon, balsamic, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and whisk to combine.
- Add ingredients in the following order to each 16 ounce Mason jar with lid: 2 cups Spring Mix, 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/4 cup radish slices, 1/4 cup sliced celery, 1/4 cup sliced strawberries, 1 Tablespoon feta, 1 Tablespoon roasted pecans, 2 Tablespoons dressing
- Cover with lid and shake well to mix the ingredients.
- If using chicken breast, slice thinly and add on top of the strawberries.
Calories: 520kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 550mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g