Our warm lentils and shaved Brussels sprouts make a comforting side dish to accompany your favorite grilled meat. We pair it with pan-seared sea bass here.
Servings: 8 (click to scale)
- 2 cups dry green lentils
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-1/3 cup fresh yellow onions
- 1-1/3 cup fresh carrots diced
- 1-1/4 tsp fresh garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1/2 lb fresh Brussels sprouts sliced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Cook lentils in simmering water until tender. Drain and set aside. Heat oil in a pan and sauté onions and carrots for 3 minutes. Add garlic and Brussels sprouts and cook another 2 minutes, stirring. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Portion: 1-1/2 cup
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 140mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g