Arctic char is a mild-tasting fish with good texture. Because of the thin cut, it usually cooks quickly. We pair it with a homemade pesto in this recipe that balances the flavors perfectly.
- 6 oz fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cloves fresh garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 Tbsp walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds blanched
- 2 oz shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 each fresh lemon
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 16 oz arctic char 4 oz pieces
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Pre-heat grill. Meanwhile, in a food processor combine the parsley, Parmesan, salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, almonds and walnuts until it forms a consistency of a thick sauce. Cover and chill at 40F degrees or below.
- Make sure the fish has no bones and is clean. Brush with olive oil and carefully place it on the grill skin side down. You should be able to cook it all the way with skin side down until an internal temperature of 145 F degrees is reached and the skin gets crisp. Remove from grill and serve with the pesto.