Print Recipe Pin Recipe Add to Collection Go to Collections
Pureed soup with pumpkin, onions and spices and finished with a touch of cream. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds.
Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups fresh white onion Chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh garlic
- 2 lb fresh pumpkin Cubed
- 4-1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Ground Allspice
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1-1/2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Drizzle olive oil into a hot pot and saute the onions and garlic for about 3 minutes until softened and slightly brown. Add the pumpkin and toss.
- Add water (just enough to submerge pumpkin) and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to simmer; cover with lid and cook for 20-30 minutes; until pumpkin is tender.
- Transfer to a blender, add seasoning and spices and blend until smooth. Return to pot and add the cream and stir to incorporate and until hot.
Tips & Tricks
Sugar Pie Pumpkin was used in this recipe. Sweetness and starch levels vary with pumpkin types so adjust seasoning and liquid as needed. Use caution when blending hot ingredients.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 320mg | Fiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!