In partnership with Oldways, we have made a variety of Mediterranean recipes available here on our website. We hope you enjoy them just as much as we do! This tomato basil quinoa can be served warm or can be chilled after cooking to make a refreshing side dish or appetizer for summertime.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 each fresh garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp canned tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cup fresh tomatoes diced
- 3 cups fresh green Swiss chard
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, low sodium drained and rinsed
- 4 oz grated Romano cheese
- Cook quinoa according to package directions in boiling water.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chili flakes and stir for 1 minute. Add tomato paste and stir for another minute. Add diced tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add chopped Swiss chard and cook until wilted 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in basil, beans, and cooked quinoa. Mix well and heat everything thoroughly. Garnish each serving with 1 oz grated cheese.