In partnership with Oldways, we have made a variety of Mediterranean recipes available here on our website. We hope you enjoy them just as much as we do! This six minute shrimp with pasta is a quick dinner; perfect for entertaining guests!
- 8 oz spaghetti pasta whole grain
- 2 gallons boiling water
- 2 cloves fresh garlic peeled
- 1 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz fresh yellow onions
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 pound frozen shrimp, tail-on
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to broiler setting (500F+) and arrange top rack so it is about 8 inches from heat source (for broiling). Heat olive oil in ovenproof skillet over medium heat and add onion and garlic cooking for about 3 minutes.
- Add thawed shrimp, thyme, salt, and pepper and toss to coat in pan and place under the broiler for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir. Cook for additional 3 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove from broiler.
- Toss pasta into skillet and mix well until combined.