Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 1/2 lb sorghum
- 2 1/2 cups water warm
- 1 1/2 cup fresh green bell peppers diced
- 1 1/2 cup fresh red bell peppers diced
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger root minced
- 1/3 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas defrosted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 Tbsp unsalted roasted peanuts optional
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Bring the water to a boil in a sauce pan. Stir in the sorghum and return to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook, covered for45-50 minutes or until the grains are tender. (They will still have texture and be somewhat chewy.) Drain.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Stream in the sesame oil and sauté the ginger and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the bell pepper and sauté for another 1-2 minutes. Next, add the chili sauce, coconut milk, and lime juice. Bring to a simmer-stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Sodium: 220mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!