Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 4 oz steel cut oats
- 1 qt water boiling
- 12 oz fresh sweet potato
- 3/4 tsp ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh scallions sliced
- Prepare steel cut oats by adding oats to the boiling water. Cook until done. Texture should be very loose as for porridge.
- Clean sweet potatoes well. Peel sweet potatoes and reserve skins for garnish. Dice the sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Toss potatoes with the paprika, half of the salt and smaller amount of olive oil. Roast in 400°F degree oven until soft and slightly caramelized, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and hold hot.
- Toss the reserved sweet potato skins with the paprika, black pepper and remaining olive oil. Roast in oven for 8 minutes, or until crisp. Season with remaining salt after removing from oven. Enjoy porridge topped with baked sweet potato, crispy potato skins and garnished with scallions.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 200mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g