Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 24 oz wild salmon 4 oz fillets
- 3/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 lb fresh fennel julienne sliced
- 1/2 ea fresh Spanish onions sliced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Wash all produce and pre-heat oven to 375° F. Cut the green off the fennel and reserve for another use. Cut the white fennel bulb in half so you're cutting the core. Cut out core and thinly slice the fennel. Cut the onion in half and thinly slice also. Place both in a bowl and add first amount of salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Place flax seed onto a large clean plate. Sprinkle the salmon with remaining salt and pepper. With the skin side up, firmly press each fillet into the flax seed to form a crust.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Evenly lay out the fennel and onion mixture onto the sheet pan. Evenly place salmon on top of the vegetables and drizzle with wine and oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140°F and fish is cooked through. If vegetables need a little more time, remove salmon and hold hot and bake vegetables until lightly golden brown. Plate the salmon and garnish each with the fennel and onion. Enjoy!
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 260mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g