Servings: 4 servings (click to scale)
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 3 oz fresh yellow onions diced, finely
- 5 oz dry arborio rice
- 3 tbsp white wine
- .5 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 4 oz frozen corn
- 2 oz fresh cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 oz fresh basil chiffonade cut
- 1/2 tsp fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 oz vegetable base
- 2 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 2/3 oz roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Wash all produce before prepping. Place the vegetable base and water in a large pot and bring to a boil, reduce to simmer. In a large rondeau pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sweat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and allow to toast for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant, stirring as needed. Add the wine and allow to cook till the wine is absorbed and no liquid is remaining.
- Add the vegetable stock to the risotto, 2-3 cups at a time. Allow the stock to fully absorb before adding more stock and continue with this process till all the stock is absorbed, about 20 – 30 minutes. Stir the risotto as needed while cooking so the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the pot. While the risotto is cooking, place the sunflower seed kernels, water, lemon juice, vinegar, and 1st addition of salt into a blender and process until smooth.
- Once the stock is absorbed into the risotto, add the 2nd addition of salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, corn, tomatoes, nutritional yeast and stir. Finally, add the sunflower seed sour cream to the risotto and mix well. To serve: Spoon 2 cups of the risotto into a bowl and place 1 Tbsp. of basil around the risotto.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 716mg | Fiber: 4g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!