- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 oz Carrots, diced 1/4"
- 2 oz Celery, diced 1/4"
- 1 oz Garlic, minced
- 8 cups Water
- 3/4 oz Vegetable Base, Low Sodium
- 8 oz Yellow Lentils, dry
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Coriander
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 1.25 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 oz Cilantro, minced
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil and sauté the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic on medium heat for ~8 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the water and vegetable base and stir well. Add the lentils and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the spices, Tabasco, salt and pepper. Simmer until the lentils are cooked through. At the end, stir in the lemon juice and cilantro.
- Optional: puree the soup in batches or with an immersion blender for a smoother consistency
Serving: 16floz | Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Sodium: 460mg | Fiber: 8g