What makes up this yummy parfait is plain Greek yogurt layered with spiced cranberry relish and cinnamon apples. The best apple varieties are apples you would eat fresh, crispy and juicy. Some of our favorites are Galas, Honey Crisp, Cameo and Fuji.
- 6 oz cranberries fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh shallots fresh, peeled, chopped
- 1/8 tsp mustard seed
- 1/8 tsp cumin seed
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 24 oz fat-free Greek yogurt
- 3/4 lb fresh apples chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice fresh
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts toasted, chopped
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Mix together cranberries and sugar and set aside.
- Drizzle oil into a hot pan over medium heat. Add shallots, mustard seeds and cumin seeds and cook until seeds start to pop. Add in cranberries tossed in sugar, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut apples and toss with lemon juice and ground cinnamon. Build your parfait in small bowls or sundae cups in the following order: 3/4 cup of yogurt, 1-1/2 tbsp cranberry relish, ½ cup apples, and 2 Tbsp chopped toasted walnuts.