Servings: 8 floz
- 12 oz Tomatillos
- 12 oz Tomatoes
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Chipotle Peppers, canned
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 9 oz Yellow Onions, julienned
- 1 lb 8 oz Butternut Squash, cubed 1"
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 lb 8 oz Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 oz Queso Fresco
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Remove skins from tomatillos, rinse well, place in a pot, and just barely cover with water. Bring to a boil, and then simmer until tender. Place tomatillos in a blender. Reserve the liquid for pureeing. Process until smooth.
- Cut tomatoes in half and place on a flattop with whole garlic cloves. Grill to char the tomato and brown the garlic. Add to the blender. Add sugar and chipotle peppers. Blend until smooth, adding more reserved tomatillo liquid as desired.
- Heat olive oil in large pot. Add onions and cook slowly for ~10 minutes to lightly caramelize. Add butternut squash, oregano and more tomatillo sauce if needed. Simmer for 20 minutes or until squash is tender. Add pinto beans and cilantro. Bring to back to a simmer before serving.
- Garnish with crumbled queso fresco.
Recipe by Restaurant Associates
Serving: 8floz | Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 230mg | Fiber: 8g