Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 3 each fresh roma tomatoes chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic peeled
- 1 1/2 each fresh red bell peppers
- 1 medium fresh eggplant 1"cubed
- 3 oz fresh red onions 1" cubed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chiffonade cut
- 12 oz whole wheat penne pasta
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F degrees. Brush a baking sheet with the oil. Combine the tomatoes, garlic, bell peppers, eggplant and onion on the baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and spread out over the sheet.
- Roast the vegetables until tender, approximately 45 minutes.
- When the vegetables have roasted, take one cup and blend it in a food processor. Combine the remaining vegetables with the puree to make the sauce. A little of the pasta cooking liquid may be added if the sauce is too dry. Keep warm until the pasta is ready.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente (just firm) and drain. Combine the pasta and sauce together and serve in a bowl. Garnish with fresh basil.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 130mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g