Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 3 cups brown rice dry
- 18 oz wild Atlantic salmon 3 oz each
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 lb fresh yellow onions sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh celery stalks julienne sliced
- 1 cup fresh red bell peppers julienne sliced
- 1 each bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups cherries fresh
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Soak a cedar plank in water for at least 1 hour, Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Place the salmon on the plank and then place the plank on the grill over indirect heat. Cook the salmon until the salmon has reached 145F internally.
- Wash, pit and slice the cherries in half. Set aside.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil and then sweat the onion, pepper, celery. Add the bay leaf and salt to the pot. Cook until onions become translucent and fork tender.
- Next add the white wine, sugar and vinegar. Lower the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the liquid is reduced syrup-like in consistency. Remove from heat and add the rosemary. While off of the heat incorporate the cherries.
- Top salmon with cherry agrodolce and serve with rice.
If you wish to omit the cedar plank, grill the salmon over direct medium-high heat and cook until 165F internally.
Calories: 600kcal | Carbohydrates: 95g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 370mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 22g