corn toastada topped with refried beans and roasted bell peppers, broccolini, red onions, zucchini and corn with cherry tomatoes and cilantro
Servings: 1 (click to scale)
- 2 each tortillas corn, 6"
- 1/4 ounce fresh red onions julienne sliced
- 4 Tbsp vegetarian refried beans canned
- 1-1/2 cup fresh broccolini
- 3/4 ounce fresh red bell peppers julienne sliced
- 1 ounce fresh zucchini sliced thin
- 1 ounce corn husk removed
- 2 cloves fresh garlic peeled, crushed
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 5 each fresh cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 ounce queso fresco cheese
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- Place the tortillas on a sheet pan and place into a 350F oven for 7-10 minutes or until they turn golden brown and become stiff. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Heat the refried beans to 165F.
- Roughly chop the Broccolini (including stem). Place into a bowl with other vegetables, chili powder and oil. Coat the vegetables well with the oil and roast on a sheet tray for 10-15 minutes.
- Build the Tostadas: Spread 2 Tbsp beans over each tortilla. Divide the roasted vegetables evenly between the tostadas. Garnish with queso fresco, tomato quarters and cilantro (including stems).
Don’t be afraid to swap different vegetables. This recipe is a great way to use leftovers.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 490mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g