Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 1/2 lb fresh parsnips
- 1/2 lb fresh rainbow carrots
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp solid unsalted butter
- 4 ea fresh sage leaves
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp fresh tarragon chopped
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Wash all produce (you don’t have to peel the parsnip and carrot, but can)Preheat oven to 425°F.Remove top of parsnip and cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 1" pieces on a bias. Cut carrots the same way and size for even cooking.Place parsnips and carrots in a mixing bowl and toss with first amount of oil, salt and pepper. Add the cayenne and honey so all are evenly mixed and distributed.Place on baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, turning as needed. You want a little bite to the vegetables and some nice browning. Hold hot and finish other steps so all are done at the same time.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add butter and add sage leaves. Move while cooking and brown butter, 1-2 minutes. This will continue cooking off the heat so do not let it cook too far and burn. Remove leaves and butter from pan. Reserve.
- In the same sauté pan over high heat add the second listed amount of oil and swirl, add spinach and tarragon and wilt quickly, mix well.In a mixing bowl, combine hot roasted vegetables, browned butter and spinach, tarragon and second amount of salt and pepper – toss well.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 250mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!