fresh tomatoes stuffed with quinoa, carrots, onions, eggplant, bell peppers, and avocado
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 1 qt vegetable stock
- 4 each fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh red onions chopped
- 1 cup quinoa dry
- 1/4 cup fresh green bell peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh red bell peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh eggplant diced, 1/2"
- 1/4 cup fresh diced carrots
- 1/2 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 each avocados diced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Cut the tops off of the tomatoes and hollow out the insides.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until they begin to soften, about 1-2 minutes. Add bell peppers, eggplant and carrots and saute until tender, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add quinoa and cook gently for 2 minutes. Add the stock to the quinoa and vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the liquid and is fully cooked, about 7-10 minutes.
- When quinoa is cooked, remove the cover and fluff the quinoa. Gently mix in the avocado, pepper and parsley. Carefully stuff about 3/4 cup of quinoa into each tomato. Place tomatoes on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until tomatoes are heated through, about 15-20 minutes.
Make your own vegetable stock from scraps to reduce food waste and control sodium.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 30mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!