Servings: 8 (click to scale)
- 2 1/2 lb fresh delicata squash
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh yellow onions diced
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 cup fresh carrot diced
- 1 cup quinoa dry
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 cup Canned Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Use squash that are 10 ounces each. Rinse well and cut in half length wise. Scoop out and discard seeds.
- Mix the half the salt, black pepper and Ancho chili pepper; sprinkle the inside of each squash.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp oil on baking pan and place squash cut side down. Cook in a preheated 350F degree oven for about 30 minutes until tender. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling. Heat remaining oil in a hot pot and saute onions and cumin seeds until onions are translucent and seeds pop. Add the garlic and carrots and cook for 1 minute. Add the quinoa (toast in a dry skillet for extra depth of flavor) and water. Bring to a boil and lower heat to simmer. Cover and gently simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let steam for 10 more minutes. Add remaining salt, ground cumin, minced chipotle, cilantro, black beans and Mexican oregano. Stir well.
- Place about 1/2 cup of filling into each cooked sqaush halves. Top each with 1 tbsp of shredded cheese. Broil just to warm and melt the cheese or cook in a 350F oven for 10 minutes.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 270mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!