Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 2 cup red quinoa
- 4 cups fresh kale chopped
- ¼ cup fresh red onions julienned
- 2 tsp fresh garlic chopped
- ½ cup fresh cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 each egg
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Place quinoa in a pot with water and bring to a boil; lower heat to simmer and cook until tender and outer ring is visible, about 15 – 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a hot skillet and add julienned red onions and garlic and cook until onions are translucent. Add kale, tomatoes, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Fry the egg with the remaining oil and place on top of quinoa and kale sauté.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Sodium: 310mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g