Food Unites Us, Chef Inspires Us by creating opportunities for community. We guide our guests with food, open up the world and bring comfort through flavorful experiences. We translate unfamiliar ingredients to be approachable, and create space to build trust between one another.
Here are few recipes I worked on for the RePlant Plant Forward Project.
Oatmeal Sausage with Aquafaba Aoli
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp smoke paprika
- 1 tsp sage ground
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup aquafaba
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- To make sausage: Combine everything from oats to first EVOO and let sit for 20 minutes. Form patties and sprinkle with salt. Sear in well oiled pan on medium high heat.
- To elevate sausage, add mushroom pate, confit garlic or miso.
- To make aioli: Use Vitamix or immersion blender to mix aquafaba, mustard, lemon juice, and garlic. Reduce speed to low and slowly add oil to emulsify mixture.
- To elevate aioli, add saffron, confit shallot or chipotle.
Mung Bean Fritters
- 2 cups dried mung beans soaked overnight
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup enoki mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup kimchi cabbage roughly chopped
- 1 bunch scallions sliced
- 4 oz. diced lardon (optional)
- salt to taste
- avocado oil for frying
- Drain beans and place in blender. Add water and blend until batter forms with coarse texture.
- Pour batter into a mixing bowl and fold in mushrooms, kimchi, scallions, lardons, and salt until all ingredients are well coated.
- Preheat skillet on medium heat. Coat the bottom of the pan generously with oil. Ladle batter, as you would for an pancake, and cook both sides until golden brown.