Servings: 8 (click to scale)
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 pound angel hair pasta dry
- 15 oz can low sodium garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 2 each garlic cloves peeled
- 2 oz nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup fresh pressed lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts chopped
- 1 gallon water
- 1/4 oz vegetable base
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Zest and juice lemon and set aside.Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add broccoli and cook until just tender and bright green, about 3-5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon transfer the broccoli to a colander and rinse with cold water until cool. Reserve. Add salt to the boiling water and add pasta, stir as needed and cook for 7-9 minutes. Until al dente. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Combine boiling water and vegetable base, mix and dissolve base.Mince garlic.
- In a large pot over medium high heat, add garbanzo beans and cook them to give them a little color, add garlic and cook for about a minute, don't brown the garlic. Add the vegetable broth and nutritional yeast and stir. Simmer hard for about 10 minutes. Add broccoli, salt, lemon zest and juice. Stir to combine and cook on low heat for an additional 5 minutes. Add angel hair pasta and toss until well combined.
- Plate one cup of the pasta and top with 1 Tbsp. of the chopped peanuts and serve immediately.
Calories: 415kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 8g | Sodium: 515mg | Fiber: 11g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!