Paprika-rubbed chicken thighs are nestled into Brussels sprouts and shallots and roasted on a sheet pan in the oven for an easy, delicious dinner. As the chicken thighs roast, the garlicky drippings flavor the Brussels sprouts and shallots. Simple one-pan cooking! Smoked paprika adds a touch of smoky flavor—look for it at supermarkets or in the bulk-spice section at natural-foods markets. Regular paprika can be used in its place, but doesn’t add the hint of smoke.
You can find this recipe in our Plant-Forward Meal Plan.
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved (or quartered if large)
- 4 fresh shallots quartered
- 1 fresh lemon sliced
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper divided
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika sweet or hot
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 1/2 lb bone-in chicken thighs skin removed
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine Brussels sprouts, shallots and lemon with 2 tablespoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Mash garlic and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt with the side of a chef’s knife to form a paste. Combine the garlic paste with paprika, thyme and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Rub the paste all over chicken. Nestle the chicken into the Brussels sprouts.
- Roast on the lower rack until the Brussels sprouts are tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken without touching bone registers 165°F, 20 to 25 minutes.
Calories: 449kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 607mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 0g
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!