Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 2 lb kabocha squash
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp pre-toasted sesame seeds
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 ea dried nori seaweed sheet
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Rinse whole kabocha squash, cut in half, scoop out and discard seeds. Cut into wedges about 2 ounces each. Place the squash wedges into a roasting pan, single layer and drizzle with olive oil. Cover tightly and steam roast in a 350°F oven until tender, about 35 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the nori sheet on a grill or griddle, it only takes 5 seconds on each side, do not burn. When cooled, crumble into a spice grinder and add toasted sesame seeds and salt. Process until fine. Mix in pepper. Sprinkle over kabocha.
Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1.5g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Sodium: 55mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!