Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 Tbsp canned mandarin orange sections
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 3 cup oatmeal quick, cooked
- Cook oatmeal according to package instructions.
- In a sauce pan heat the cranberry juice over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Add in the cranberries and cook until the juice has reduced by 75%. Add in the apricot preserves and remove from the heat. Fold in the mandarin orange segments and allow to cool for at least an hour before using. Compote is best served cold on top of piping hot oatmeal.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1.5g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Sodium: 180mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g