Our no-cheese sauce is a vegan take on a traditional cheese sauce that pairs well with macaroni noodles. We utilize nutritional yeast for a nutty flavor and creamy texture usually derived from cheese.
Check out the other Veg Rev recipes here.
- 2 cups fresh medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh carrot diced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Boil potatoes and carrots until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and reserve liquid.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If cheese is too thick add a little of the reserved liquid.