Beans, corn, chili peppers, cauliflower and cabbage are featured in our Mexican street corn tostadas. This is a perfect veggie-centric dinner to make with friends or family.
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 8 each 6" corn tortilla
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 Tbsp fresh poblano peppers
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers diced
- 12 oz cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup canned black beans drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-1/2 Tbsp vegetarian refried beans
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 each green onions bias cut
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 8 each lime wedge
- Prepare the Tostada: Place the tortillas on a baking sheet and place into a 350F oven for 7-10 minutes or until they turn golden brown and become stiff. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Prepare all of the vegetables: Grate the cauliflower on a box grater on the largest shred size. Next, heat the oil in a large pan and sauté corn, Poblano peppers, bell peppers, cauliflower and beans until fork tender and heated through. Finish with the chili powder. Set aside. Heat the refried beans and cumin in a pan until heated through. Set aside.
- 3.Finally spread 1 Tbsp. refried beans onto the tostada. Divide the corn mixture evenly between the tostadas and garnish with 1/2 Tbsp. cilantro, 1/2 scallion and 1/8 cup red cabbage. Serve with 2 lime wedges.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Sodium: 200mg | Fiber: 8g