Can quinoa be part of breakfast? Absolutely! Quinoa is a naturally gluten-free grain and can be the foundation for a savory breakfast bowl. The kale and cherry tomatoes add color, nutrients and fiber and the cage-free egg pumps up the protein.Print Recipe Pin Recipe Save Recipe Go to My Collections
- ½ cup cooked red quinoa
- ½ cup Kale
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Red onions julienne sliced
- ½ tsp garlic minced
- 1/3 cup Cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp canola oil
- 1 each whole egg
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Cook quinoa according to recipe and set aside.
- Chop the kale (including stems).
- Heat oil in a hot skillet. Add red onions and garlic and cook until onions are translucent. Add kale. Then add the tomatoes, salt and black pepper.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat add oil and swirl in pan. Add egg, cook and flip egg. Cook to desired doneness.
- To serve place egg on top of quinoa and kale saute.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Sodium: 320mg | Fiber: 4g