If you’re craving a light, refreshing salad then we’ve got the recipe for you. Our Japanese cucumber salad incorporates sliced cucumbers with a few seasonings to make a snack that is perfect to enjoy during warmer months.
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 each fresh English cucumbers
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp pre-toased sesame seeds
- Peel cucumbers to leave alternating green stripes. Slice the cucumbers in half lengthwise; scrape the seeds out with a spoon. Using a food processor or sharp knife, cut into very thin slices. Place in a double layer of paper towel and squeeze gently to remove any excess moisture.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a medium bowl, stirring to dissolve. Add the cucumbers and sesame seeds; toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.